The History of Noel Booth Elementary

 Noel Booth Elementary School was named after Mr. Noel Booth, who operated a General Store on 24 Avenue between 200 and 208 Streets, and served as Reeve for the years 1933-36 and 1946-47. Mr. Booth also served as an Alderman for fifteen years and as a School Trustee from 1938-41. 

The school is located at 20202 - 35 Avenue on 12 acres of land. The first principal of the school was Richard Bulpitt, who later served as District School Superintendent. 

Noel Booth Elementary School opened in September of 1981, with fourteen standard classrooms, a gymnasium, library and five other instructional areas, including a Kindergarten room, diagnostic centre, two special education rooms, and a computer room. The south wing of the school opened in 1991. 

The students enjoy nearby Noel Booth Park's playing fields, including two all-weather soccer pitches and four tennis courts located immediately beside the school property. 

The school colours are blue and white. The logo for Noel Booth Elementary is the Cougar. In 2004 the school population is 230. 

Noel Booth


Back to top 1
 Contact web master © LRTA, December 2013