ALEX HOPE ELEMENTARY

001

Alex Hope Elementary, located at 21150 - 85 Avenue, was built in 1988 to serve the growing community of Walnut Grove. 


Construction is brick and steel stud with a metal roof. It is situated on 3.23 hectares (8 Acres), but 1.42 hectares is on the Freeway and is therefore unuseable. The grounds are completely fenced except for 50 metres adjacent to parkland. The school shares the common play area with the school's adventure play structure on park property. There is an intermediate rock dust play field and an intermediate grass play area. 

The school was named for Alexander Hope, son of Charles E. Hope and Lily Mavis, who married in 1893 and later owned 540 acres near the Salmon River on Deep Creek Road. Alexander was very active in local affairs, serving as Reeve in Langley and later as MLA. He chaired the Committee which restored and reconstructed the Fort Langley Historic Site in 1958. 

In 1989 the school had 6 classrooms, and in 2000 an additional 5 classrooms were added. In 2002 there are 15 standard classrooms, a gym library, L. A. Room 3 Special Ed. Rooms, a Multi Purpose Room 2 Kindergarten rooms, a Computer Room, and a Science Room. In 2004 the total population of the school is 518. 



Navigation Links for History of Langley Schools Section

Click on the following

or

Return to LRTA Web Site’s Home Page



1234


 Contact web master © LRTA, December 2013