BC Recovery Benefit

A one-time, tax-free payment of up to $1,000 for eligible families and single parents and up to $500 for eligible individuals. You have until June 30, 2021 to apply. 

here is the web site

                                     The complaint I hear most often is that the system is overloaded
                                             and the following appears at the
top of the page 

                                                    “We are experiencing high call volume…"

                                  It does work! I completed mine at 4 AM on a Saturday

Before going on the website please get all the following information on paper and if applying with a spouse have all their information also. 


                                               Information You Need To Apply

Net income from your 2019 tax return. Your partners income must also be included.

You must provide your net income from your 2019 tax return. This number can be found on Line 23600 of your most recent 2019 income tax return. If you don’t have this information see the website for further links.

Your income ___________________________________ Your Partner’s Income __________________________________ Total ________________________________

Social insurance number 

When you apply, we’ll need your social insurance number, individual tax number, or temporary tax number to verify your eligibility.

Your Social Insurance Number ___________________________________ Your Partner’s SIN ___________________________________________

Driver's licence number

If you have a B.C. driver’s licence, you must provide your driver’s licence number. This information will be used to help detect and stop fraudulent claims.

Your DL   ___________________________________ Your Partner’s DL __________________________________

Date of Birth

This is a little different. You start with the month, then select the year. A calendar will pop up and you select the date

Your DOB ___________________________________         Your Partner’s DOB _________________________________________

Direct deposit information

The benefit will only be issued by direct deposit. You must have an account with a Canadian financial institution to receive the benefit.

If you’re on income or disability assistance and don’t have a bank account, a modified application will be available early in the new year to help you apply for and receive the benefit.

Get your direct deposit information from a personal cheque or from your financial institution.

Be prepared to provide:

  • Branch (transit) number (red above) ________________________
  • Institution number (green above) ____________________________
  • Account number (Blue above) ________________________________


I forgot something.  Signing in to fill out your form may not be obvious at first. Scroll down the page to the blue button


Return to top

Return to Home Page

 Contact web master © LRTA, December 2013